Tuesday 12 April 2016

The Toast Post

As you can see from the TITLE...
This is NOT a SMOOTHIE post.
Not to WORRY...
The BROWN factor is taken care of with all the ALMOND BUTTER I use on my TOAST!

TOAST can be a very CREATIVE process ya know....
You just have to LET LOOSE...
Try something NEW...
EXPERIMENT!

SO...
Here are a couple of TOASTs I've come up with...

As I've mentioned BEFORE....
I LOVE coconut butter!
My toast of CHOICE is pretty much always Little Stream Bakery's SPELT RICE Bread...

This first one is topped with CHOCOLATE ALMOND SPREAD, then a layer of ALMOND BUTTER, BANANAS, GOJI BERRIES, and a nice big HEAP of COCONUT BUTTER.

ABSOLUTELY SATISFYING!!!!


Then...
I tried something REALLY DIFFERENT.
There is NO chocolate on this piece of toast...
I REPEAT... NO CHOCOLATE...
Which is kind of STRANGE for me because I LOVE chocolate in the mornings...

Well... I was in the BULK food store....
Browsing...
Sometimes I like a little CRUNCH for a snack...
So...I bought some of these ROASTED PEAS...
I don`t think I`ve EVER bought them before...so I thought...why not...

Anyway... the next day had a VISION! 
A VISION of THESE PEAS sitting ATOP a piece of TOAST!


Part of me thought: THIS could be kinda INTERESTING...
Another part of me thought: YUCK...

I took the OPTIMISTIC approach because I always like to look on the BRIGHT SIDE of things!
So I added some other BRIGHT COLORED toppings!

It looks SO GOOD, doesn't?
It's a NICE way to start the day...
To eat something so PRETTY...
And it doesn't take any longer than SLAPPING some peanut butter and butter on a piece of bread...

TOTALLY DELISH & DIFFERENT!!!!

(next time I think I might add some chocolate.....)

 HAPPY TOASTING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment