Thursday 8 January 2015

Three Times Green Soup

COLD day = WARM soup
However...
Not much fresh produce in my fridge yesterday... 
But I WANTED some soup...
I REALLY wanted some soup...
And...there was NO way I was going out in THAT weather...(feels like -27...!!!!)
(YES..... I AM from Montreal but still... I was staying IN.)
I am a pretty resourceful person and I knew I could come up with something....
And so I DID.
I GRABBED that soggy old carrot, that half a zucchini and that "eat me today or I'm gonna be gross tomorrow spinach"... and I SAW the POSSIBILITIES!!
AND...
BONUS: I had fresh BASIL and FETA!!!!!!!
Woo Hoo!! 

So go and take a look in YOUR fridge.
I'm sure you've got SOMETHING in there to experiment with.....


 
Three Times Green Soup
 (1 serving)
 
Half a zucchini
2 handfuls spinach
4 basil leaves
1 carrot
 
Steam it all.
Blend, along with 1/2 cup boiling water and salt & freshly ground pepper.
Garnish with Feta cheese & more salt and pepper.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment