Wednesday 8 October 2014

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Potato Chip Crunch Cookies

So...somedays, I DON'T have a smoothie..
I know. CRAZY... right?
 
Anyway...on one of these SMOOTHIE-LESS days I usually feel the need to experiment in the kitchen....
Usually with a baked good of some sort....
 
And such is the result below....

FYI: 
I've baked oatmeal cookies
I've baked chocolate chip cookies
I've baked oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
I've baked tuna caserole with potato chips on top.....
But I've never baked CHOCOLATE CHIP OATMEAL POTATO CHIP COOKIES
(Don't worry...this recipe is SANS tuna...)
 
 

 
 
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Potato Chip Crunch Cookies

1 cup salted butter softened       
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 1/4 cups flour (I use 1 cup "light spelt", 1 cup all purpose)
1 tsp baking soda
dashes of salt
4 cups crushed salted potato chips (I used kettle cooked)
                                       1 cup chocolate chips                          
 
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Beat butter and sugars on medium speed with mixer until fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs. Beat on medium speed until combined.
 
2. Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Beat on low speed until combined. (Sometimes I just use a wooden spoon to mix...) Stir in 2 cups of the potato chips and the chocolate chips
 
3. Roll dough into small balls. I usually use about 2 Tbsp per ball..., then roll balls in remaining potato chips. Place cookies 2 inches apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake until golden, 16 - 18 minutes. Let cool completely on baking sheet.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment