Sunday 17 August 2014

Mixing it in the Woods

What is summer without a little JAUNT to the cottage?
Or in my case...CABIN...
Well....there I was ...
Enjoying my week in the woods....

And yes... Big "V"  came with me!

Made a couple of SMOOTHIES...and SLUSHIES...wouldn't ya know....

They weren't BROWN...but hey...I was ROUGHING it...
Limited ingredients ya know....
Leafy greens don't keep so well in a COOLER...

So there I was....
TREKKING through the TREES
TRAIPSING through the TIMBERS

FORAGING in the FOREST...

So...I ask you:
What's a RAMBLE in the BUSH without a campfire? 

And...what's a CAMPFIRE without hot dogs, green beans, and giant marshmallows?


Hot Dog:

Green Beans:

Giant Marshmallows:


So here are my three favorite concoctions of the week...


A winner with all ages:
 Berry Minty
(two medium servings)

juice from half a lemon
1/4 cup fresh blueberries
1/4 cup fresh raspberries
1/4 cup fresh strawberries 
 3 mint leaves
1 cup of ice


Kiddos #1 choice:
Easy Peasy Lemon Freezy
(2 servings)

A lot of ice cubes
Juice from one small lemon
Maple syrup (to taste)
A couple of mint leaves if you have (ours unfortunately did not survive the cooler situation)
(blend and add ice to get the consistency you like)



The one who's name made everyone laugh:
Triple Berry Slush Pot
(2 medium servings)

Frozen banana
Frozen blueberries
Frozen raspberries
A few fresh strawberries
2 Tbsp Hemp seed
Tsp lemon juice

sorry...I didn't measure...just threw in what I had....how wrong can you go?


Keep on Savoring Summer!!






No comments:

Post a Comment