Saturday 2 August 2014

Ruby's Berry Blaster

I know...
I know...

STARTED the blog because of my love of #BrownSmoothies...
I said there was going to be a lot of Brown ACTION....

BUT....

My 11yr old just created a super yummy summer smoothie:
The BERRY BLASTER!

Her name is RUBY, so it's even more exciting that it turned out RED!

I HAD to post it! For three reasons......

1. Because it's DELISH!
2. Because she SHARES my love of the Smoothie & is amazingly CREATIVE!
3. Because I've decided to have a GUEST recipe each month....

So here it is...
The FIRST of many:


"GASTRINOMICAL GUEST GALLIMAUFRY"
 
 
Ruby's Berry Blaster:
 
Throw it all in,
How it lands nobody knows,
Once you take a taste,
You'll be happy from your head to your toes....

 
Blend it all up!
This one takes a while as all the fruit is FROZEN except for the orange.


It's BERRYTASTIC!
  

Ruby's Berry Blast
(makes 1 large or 2 smaller servings)
 
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
1/2 cup frozen raspberries
1/2 cup frozen blackberries
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup frozen mango
1 orange peeled and cut up
A big splurt of maple syrup
1 1/2 cups water (or you can do half water, half orange juice)
 
*NOTE: If you want more of a slushie, use less liquid.
Start with 1/2 cup and see how thick you want it. Either way it is FAB!

No comments:

Post a Comment