Wednesday 20 August 2014

Scrumptiously Smooth and Healthy Freezer Fudge Bites

These are SOOOO Good!!!

I was about to have my afternoon coffee when I realized that I had NO baked goods...EEK!!!
Even my stash of frozen cookies was all GONE!

Sure... I've got boxes of store bought cookies in the cupboard for an EXTREME emergency but...really...I just DON'T LIKE store bought cookies...

So...I decided to look around the house and see what I had on hand and SLAP together some sort of no-bake deal....

We'll... we all know that I ALWAYS have BANANAS in the freezer.
So...I started with those. Broke apart about a 1/2 cup and threw them in a bowl and mashed them up!

Then I added QUICK COOK OATS...
Simple enough, right?
Added a couple Tbsp of MILK to soak up the oats....
 
BOM:
(banana, oats, milk)


Then I melted 1 cup of milk CHOCOLATE CHIPS and plopped it on top of
the oats mixture...


Can you say MOUTH-WATERING???

Stir it all up...
 
(doesn't look quite as mouth-watering here...BUT WAIT!!!)

Then you've got a couple of CHOICES...
You can either take little SPOONFULS and plop then on a plate lined with parchment paper and top them with a chocolate chip and then freeze them...

Or you can PRESS all of it in a loaf pan lined with parchment paper and cut it into little squares after its set in the freezer.
I prefer them in drop form as they seem to be smoother in texture...

 
Here they are...my little DELICACIES:

  Scrumptiously Smooth and Healthy Freezer Fudge Bites
(makes a bunch)

1/2 cup mashed frozen banana
A tiny bit less than 1 cup of quick cook oats
2 Tbsp milk
1 cup melted milk chocolate chips

Mash frozen bananas in a bowl.
Add oats and milk and combine with fork.
Stir in melted chocolate
Shape into balls & top with chocolate chip on top of parchment lined tray
Freeze for 15 min
Remove from parchment and store in container in freezer or just eat them all!!


Store in freezer and serve to your friends as soon as they walk in the door!!

Oh...and by the way...KIDS LOVE THEM!!
A nice alternative from JUST chocolate...
Great to have the GOODNESS of bananas and oats.

2 comments:

  1. You should call them the "You Rock Bites". Oh, and could you include a picture of your hands after rolling them!! Just kidding. You Rock!

    ReplyDelete