Monday 7 July 2014

It Was Supposed To Be BROWN!!!!

Ummm....
Ok...
So... now that it's official....


            I, ...Worshipper of the #BrownSmoothie  decided I should post my first recipe with pics.


                                                   First of all...here it is: my Vitamix.......
 
 
 
 
If you've never experienced one, I'm telling you....
you will never go back to whatever blender you used before.
 
Especially after you've heard what happens when the dial hits 7!
I won't even get into the high speed switch.....
 
 
This recipe is for 2 large smoothies so you can cut it in half if you wish.
 
 
 
 
I started with about 10oz of  PINEAPPLE juice.
I love Oasis cause I'm from Montreal.... and used to drink it when I was growing up.
But you can use whatever ya like...
You can also throw in about 1/4 cup of water.
 
 
In case you haven't guessed... I'm not much of a strict measurer.
I just "feel" it...... needless to say I am the kind of gal who shoves her hand in the baking soda box or pours out a good sized mound of baking powder onto her palm when baking...
 
(Yes friends...that is why my baking tastes so good....I leave a little bit to chance....xo)
 
 
Now let's add the frozen MANGO.
About 1 1/2 cups
 
Doesn't it look delish?
 
 
 
 
Then we'll add some SPINICH and 2 ORANGES
(oranges always pair well with spinach as they are an iron absorption enhancer) 
 
 
 
 
All ready to blend.......
 
 


                                BUT...and this is a BIG But because.......hold your breath.....
                                       To my utter horror.... something went wrong.......
 
 
This is what HAPPENED!!!!!!!
It turned GREEN!!!
 
IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE BROWN!!!!!!
 
 
 
 
AHHHHH!!!!!
They've always been BROWN!!!!
And NOW...NOW that I want to share the LOVE with the WORLD....it turns GREEN????!!!!
 
In a flash of momentary despair I realized the error of my ways...
FORGOT the RED fruit!
 
Ohhh...did I grab those frozen STRAWBERRIES fast!!!!
I even forgot to document that step.
So I'm asking you to imagine some frantically tossed  strawberries sinking into the mass of
GREEN GOODNESS....
 
 
 
                                         And.....drumroll please......we have a WINNER....

                                 And it's a lovely shade of BROWN...if I do say so myself!


 
 
Now it's time to enjoy! 
 YumYumYum.....
 
 
 

 
The Green & Red Make Brown Smoothie
 
(makes 2 smoothies)
 
10oz pineapple juice
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 cups frozen mango
2 oranges peeled and quartered
a big bunch of spinach
1 cup frozen strawberries
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Mm.. MM.. MM!!
    A brown smoothie! yum!
    next time try chocolate, mint with orange juice as the base!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds Yummy!!
      I will give it a try and post the results!!!

      Delete
    2. I hope it works!

      Delete
    3. Check out the Choco Mint Orange Delight recipe!

      Delete