Friday 25 July 2014

It wasn't Brown Anyway.....

I like to think that we are all WINNERS.

...That there is always something to learn from every situation that will encourage a positive outlook on things....give us the chance to grow...welcome new possibilities..and therefore  become our own personal champion.
But sometimes something occurs... and it clearly doesn't seem WINNERLY... at all....
This is such the case with my next concoction that I am about to share with you.....
It was a STRETCH finding the WINNING elements in this mess....
But I did.
And the moral of the story shall be revealed at the terminus of this entry...

So come along with me for a minute or two and be grateful that I did it FIRST... and can therefore share my WISDOM with you...
 
 
I  thought it started off as a great idea.
It was innovative, avant-garde....
GROUND BREAKIING...
I don't think it had EVER been done before....

I even came up with a cute name...
 
"TLB Smoothie"
 
Wait! Hold on a second!!
Stop right now!
Don't try to guess.
Just wait it out.
"Patience is in the Eye of the Beholder"....
 
I had some leftover "SOMETHING" from my dinner the other night and I thought it could be the CRUX of a bold new trend of smoothies....
 
 
So....first of all....I started with a 1/4 cup of water and some cut up orange as I needed a liquid base...
   
 
 
Now comes the TLB part......
 
 
Tomatoes
 

    
Lettuce
  
 
 
AND...yes! I suppose you have guessed the final ingredient by now.....
 
 
Bacon
 

 (please take a moment to see how many faces you can find in the bacon)
(there is NO right answer)
 
 
I thought this would be a SURE-FIRE winner.
 
Everybody loves bacon right?
I don't think I have ever met a person who doesn't.
I even have a friend who is a vegetarian EXCEPT for BACON!!!
 
 
So I threw it all in the blender...
 
 
It looks really PRETTY doesn't it?
Sort of a melange of Spring & Fall...
 
 Anyway, it blended nicely and was sort of a brownish green....
Then I TRIED it...
Well....
 
Here it is...
I even gave it a nice GARNISH...
 

The first couple of sips were...not exactly PRETTY...they were ..."OKAY"...well....more like..."INTERESTING"...and then....
OHHH...I  just couldn't go on....
 
The bacon flavor really STOOD OUT... but not in a good way...
It was just WRONG. Maybe because it was cold?
It wasn't even really cold....it was more... ROOM temperature...
I didn't t think adding ice would do the trick so....
 
I thought maybe it would work better as a SOUP?
So I poured the MOSS COLOURED SLUDGE in a bowl and popped it in the microwave.
(I know you can make soups in the Vitamix but I had already washed it)
 
THIS taste tester could only manage 2 spoonfuls!!
 
 It was GROSS!!!
 
UGH....so gross...
Maybe I should have put some TOAST in it...
Or maybe TEQUILA....
 
 
So the MORAL of the story is....
 
TRY NEW THINGS!
DON'T BE AFRAID!   
 LET YOUR IDEAS BE HEARD!   
IF YOU DON'T SUCCEED...THERE'S ALWAYS NEXT TIME!
YOU ARE NOT A QUITTER IF YOU CAN'T FINISH A DISGUSTING SMOOTHIE!
DON'T MAKE DISGUSTING SMOOTHIES!
 
  
If there is anyone out there BRAVE enough to try this at home...I would LOVE to hear about your experience....

 Here's the recipe: 
 
 
TLB Smoothie
 
1/4 water
1 medium to large orange peeled and quartered
3 big romaine lettuce leaves
3 little tomatoes or really large cherry tomatoes
2 slices of leftover bacon

 
 

3 comments:

  1. Wauu Laura .sweetie, you really make experiments with yourself :D I like you for that what you are, , I cant imagine how gross it was but I believe you when you showed us photos :) :D. Please dont ever change :) Love you. Petr. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, I cringed when you said you microwaved it to make it hot. It made me think of gross wilted lettuce on a overly hot hamburger. great blog, by the way! im definitely going to start trying some of these recipes. not this one, though, haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well...let me tell ya... I cringed when I tried it!!! Blech....
    But the others are goodies!

    ReplyDelete